Unable to connect to Team Foundation Server

Oct 30, 2014 at 5:19 PM
I have a working TeamCity that's already pulling source code from our TFS server. After installing TFS issue tracking, I provided the URL to the TFS project collection, the same domain account (e.g. company\build) that TeamCity is already using and the correct password.

However when testing the connection, it says:
Microsoft.TeamFoundation.TeamFoundationServiceUnavailableException: TF400324: Team Foundation services are not available from the server. Technical information (for administrator): TF31002: Unable to connect to this Team Foundation Server: ...

Possible reasons for failure include: - The name, port number, or protocol for the Team Foundation Server is incorrect. - The Team Foundation Server is offline. - The password has expired or is incorrect. For further information, contact the Team Foundation Server administrator. at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.RegistrationProxy.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId) at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.RegistrationService.RefreshMemoryCache() at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.RegistrationService.GetRegistrationEntries(String toolId) at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.PreFrameworkServerDataProvider.FindServiceLocation(String serviceType, String toolId) at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client.PreFrameworkServerDataProvider.LocationForCurrentConnection(String serviceType, Guid serviceIdentifier) at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Client.TfsConnection.EnsureProviderConnected() at TfsWrapper.TfsWrapper.Execute(TextWriter out, IEnumerable`1 args) in z:\TeamCityAgent\work\6feda661bbceb286\TfsWrapper\TfsWrapper.cs:line 47 at TfsWrapper.OperationModes.StandaloneOperationMode.Execute(IEnumerable`1 args) in z:\TeamCityAgent\work\6feda661bbceb286\TfsWrapper\OperationModes\StandaloneOperationMode.cs:line 15 at TfsWrapper.OperationModes.ClientOperationMode.Execute(IEnumerable`1 args) in z:\TeamCityAgent\work\6feda661bbceb286\TfsWrapper\OperationModes\ClientOperationMode.cs:line 21 at TfsWrapper.Program.Main(String[] args) in z:\TeamCityAgent\work\6feda661bbceb286\TfsWrapper\Program.cs:line 19 
Any help?
Coordinator
Oct 31, 2014 at 9:29 AM
It might be a version incompatibility issue, but before anything else please lookup the error online and try some proposed solutions, by a quick search I found many mentions of this specific error and possible solutions.

Which version of TFS are you using?
Oct 31, 2014 at 6:56 PM
simone_b wrote:
It might be a version incompatibility issue, but before anything else please lookup the error online and try some proposed solutions, by a quick search I found many mentions of this specific error and possible solutions.

Which version of TFS are you using?
We are using latest TFS 2013.3. The TeamCity itself talks to the TFS server fine.
Coordinator
Oct 31, 2014 at 7:09 PM
As I wrote before, please lookup the issue on the web and try out some proposed solutions because I cannot troubleshoot your issue remotely.
TeamCity is using a different set of TFS services for version control, so the fact that version control is working does not mean that issue tracking should work as well. Only make sure that you're using the latest version of the plugin, as previous versions may be targeting a previous TFS version and try some combinations when setting the url, with and without the collection name for example, http and https and so on.
Dec 11, 2014 at 4:02 PM
Did you get it working wxh? I'm having the same problem.
Mar 12, 2015 at 3:22 PM
We are also having the same issue. Has anyone found a resolution to this? Thanks!