What is the format for adding an issue ID in the changelist's comment

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Hello,
We're submitting to Perforce but we're using TFS as our issue tracker, what format should I use when submitting my changes in order for TFS Issue tracker to pick it up. Currently, we use different formats such as ("Bug Fix #21111" or "211111 - Fixing..") but when clicking on Issue Log, it comes as empty page with following information: "No issues are found related to the build configuration changes."
The TFS Issue Tracker connection is setup correctly and I can see the following information:

Success!
id: 21388
summary: XXXXXX
state: Resolved

Looking at teamcity-vcs.log there's no error by the way.
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Hi, unfortunately this plugin is currently designed to support TFS when used both as a issue tracker AND version control system. I believe that modifying it so that it supports other VCSes may not take too long but at the time it's not supported.
Jan 6, 2014 at 6:00 PM
It's a shame but thanks for the quick reply.
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Not a problem. When I said that it wouldn't take too long I really mean that it might be a really small change, so I would suggest you have a look at the source code and read through the homepage to understand how the plugin works. I'm confident it shouldn't be more than a few hours work to get it working properly with any VCS.
Feb 13, 2014 at 1:57 PM
simone_b wrote:
Hi, unfortunately this plugin is currently designed to support TFS when used both as a issue tracker AND version control system. I believe that modifying it so that it supports other VCSes may not take too long but at the time it's not supported.
Hi,

We are using TFS with a GIT repository inside TFS, i.e. the GIT repo is part of TFS and not externally hosted.

Does the same limitation as above apply?
If yes, can you please change the code to allow this plug-in to work also when using TFS-GIT repos?

Thanks,
JA
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Well, considering that I did not even know that you could host a GIT repository within TFS it may be worth trying. The point is, how does TFS handles linking commits made in GIT with WorkItems?
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Just found this link, it should indeed be possible to link WorkItems to GIT commits then.
Feb 18, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Thanks for your reply. I did just an initial test (before your reply) and did not succeeed. I will do more experiments in a while, but is unfortuanaly loaded with other work so it will be some time until I can proceed. Your link seem promising and very interesting.

By the way, I have no problem to connect TC to TFS on the cloud, but I cannot connect to our TFS server we are running on-premise in our office. What may be the difference here?

Thanks,
JA