Re-Implementation using MS Visual Studio TFS 2010 Software Development Kit for Java

May 31, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Using your base code I re-implemented the plugin using MS Visual Studio TFS 2010 Software Development Kit for Java. See: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=22616

Now TfsWrapper.exe is not longer required.

I just need to add a custom parameter to use switch between TFS VCS (change set reference) and any VCS (with work item id reference on comment). I don't if it is possible.

How can I contrib with this project? I can email you the source code if you want.

Best regards,

Alexander.

Coordinator
May 31, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Hello Alexander,

good job. Currently the project here on CodePlex uses TFS as VCS as it is the only way for me to test the plugin, but if you're familiar with Git or Mercurial I can switch VCS so you can fork the project.

By the way currently I have absolutely no chance to try out your modifications, which means I cannot merge your changes and publish them very soon.

Simone

May 31, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Actually I just used TFS as issue tracker only. I used Subversion as VCS.

But I'm looking for the way to add a custom property, adding to the configuration jsp page and save it, that allow me swtich between use changeset or comment.

For instance, on the TfsIssueProvider I should do this

Map<String,String> properties = this.getProperties();

boolean useChangeSet = Boolean.parseBoolean(properties.get("useChangeSet"));

How can I create a fork? Sorry but I didn't found the link. It used to be on the source code page, but I didn't found now.

Coordinator
May 31, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Alex, the fork button will only be available if I switch from TFS to either Git or Mercurial, that's why I asked you if you're familiar with either of them.

I don't know the TC API well enough to tell you how to do what you're trying to do, you should try asking on the forums

May 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Sorry I read fast and just skipped some words.

YES I'm related with Mercurial.

Coordinator
May 31, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I'll go for Git then, it's never too late to learn something new :) Ok for you?

May 31, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Edited May 31, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Ok, no problem. I love Mercurial, but Git is OK ;).

Coordinator
May 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM

It's going to take some time as it's not automated, I'll contact the CP admins.

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Hello Alex, the VCS is now Git. Please feel free to fork.

Coordinator
Jun 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Hello Alex, I see you created a fork, when you are comfortable with the status of the code please feel free to send me a pull request, you can do that from the CodePlex website directly.

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Hi Alex, I also posted the contents of an email I received from JetBrains advertising new features of the issue tracking API which we may want to support. See discussion here: http://tfsteamcity.codeplex.com/discussions/358389

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I will do, I'm still trying to do the first clone due by internet connection issues.

I saw the feature, it could make the plugin works even faster (I guess), I will take in account, thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Let's sync on this in a few days, I may have some more time to look into it too.

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM, alexfdezsauco <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I will do, I'm still trying to do the first clone due by internet connection issues.

I saw the feature, it could make the plugin works even faster (I guess), I will take in account, thanks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tfsteamcity@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email tfsteamcity@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com